First of all Happy Earth Day to all. As it's Earth Day thought of making some sweet. Condensed sweet dishes are to relish for by anyone. I personally love sweets and coconut sweet is one of them. Coconut is used in many recipes and it plays vast roles in various spicy, tangy, sweet dishes. Kobbari in Telugu, means Coconut. Kobbari Laddoo a.k.a. Kobbari Lousu is one of my favorite treat.
@ Dry Coconut Powder 1 cup + 1/3 cup to garnish
@ Fat Free Milk 1 1/2 cups
@ Sugar 3/4 cup
@ Green Cardamom Powder pinch
- In a pan, dry roast 1 cup coconut powder for couple of mins. and keep aside.
- In the same pan, pour milk and let come to a boil.
- Now add dry roasted coconut powder to the milk and let it leave the sides of the pan.
- At this point, add sugar and mix well.
- Cook on medium - low flame till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and mix well.
- Once the mixture settles in center turn off the heat and transfer to a wide bowl.
- Let cool for 5 mins. and once cooled roll into small laddoos.
- Once the balls are ready, roll them onto the coconut powder.
- Kobbari Laddoo or Coconut Sweet Balls are ready to be served.